Intellectual Property and Information Technology 2019
- Intellectual Property and Information Technology 2019 Competition (hereinafter referred to as Competition) is organized by Intellectual Property Rights Club Human Rights NGO and Internet Society NGO with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Armenia.
- Objectives of the Competition: -Discovery of promising directions in the field of legal protection and protection of the right in the digital environment (personal data, domain names, intellectual property, virtual ownership), -Increasing interest among young people in issues related to the protection of the right and protection of the digital environment, including intellectual property – Promotion of scientific research within the framework of students, postgraduate students and young specialists, and the attention of the public sector to the protection of intellectual property rights and intellectual property.
- Contest information is posted on the following web site: www.ipoclub.am .
4. Citizens of the Republic of Armenia may participate in the competition, in particular:
State and non-state higher education institutions
– PhD students:
Entrance fee is not charged, Participation is free.
5. The competition is conducted remotely / online in Armenian. It presupposes a written work on one of the topics approved by MSIA.
6. The competition topics are chosen by the participants on their own, based on their interest in the topic. Competitive work is an up-to-date research.
7. Only work that has not previously been published (neither in print publications nor online sites) can be submitted to the competition. Failure to comply with this condition may expel a participant from the competition. Submitting a written work means that the author agrees to the terms of the Contest and grants Contest organizers the right to publish that work.
8. The written work submitted to the competition must have one author (that is, co-authorship is not allowed). Each author may submit only one work.
9.Requirements for the competition․
– Clearly formulate the problem,
– Analysis of the solutions proposed for this problem,
– According to the author, justification of the suggested solutions for the mentioned problem.
10. Competitive works will be screened to eliminate plagiarism. Works that exclude excerpts from other works will be removed from the Contest.
11. Bidding structure:
– Cover Page
– Introduction (substantiation of selected topic is justified)
– Main part
– Conclusion (presents the main conclusions and / or recommendations of the author)
– Source links
– Attachments (tables, charts, pictures, etc.)
12. The bids are submitted electronically doc., docx. Format, A4 paper size, maximum 16 pages. The text should be 12 characters long, 1.5 spaces between lines, Sylfaen font.
13. To participate in the competition, the following must be registered: With reference: You can submit works [email protected] E-mail: Start, March 20, Deadline, April 20 2019, 18:00.
14. Competitive works will be presented to members of the professional jury who will evaluate the face-to-face work in accordance with predefined standards. The results will be presented during the awards ceremony on April 26, where the authors of the top 10 works will present their work (4-5 minutes), after which the best three will be selected, details will be posted. www.ipoclub.am on site.
The winners of the competition will receive a computer, tablet, smartphone and other prizes.
Event Organizer: MSIA NGO
Phone number: +374 12 500 – 099
E-mail: [email protected]
- Copyright and related rights protection in the digital environment
- Legal protection of the site and its contents
- Copyright ․ 3D animation, modeling and printing
- The essence and protection of copyright in software and databases
- Software startups and intellectual property
- Trademarks on the Internet. Legal Regulation of Domain Names and Relationship with Trademarks
- Trademark registration and rejection procedures in local and international practice
- Features of International Trademark Registration and Protection Mechanisms in Foreign Countries
- E-commerce. legal settlement issues
- Social networks. nature of legal relations, social networking settings. Problems with the protection of personal data on the Internet
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), possible impact on companies operating in Armenia
- Guarantees for the protection of intellectual property in the digital environment in the legal systems of European countries
- Digital media guarantees intellectual property protection in US legal systems
- Intellectual Property Rights Guarantees in EAEU
- Opportunities for import of counterfeit and counterfeit goods and their prevention issues in the Republic of Armenia – regulations and gaps in the current legislation
- The Essence of Intellectual Property Offenses, the Peculiarities of Combating them and the Ways to Increase their Effectiveness
- Judicial practice of the Republic of Armenia in the field of judicial protection of authors’ rights by the Collective Management Entity (“Armenian Author”).